21 August 2010

Fangs A Lot, Bye

All of a sudden, I can’t watch vampires anymore. I might be late to this, but I sat down with friends last night to start the next series of True Blood and I fell asleep. I just don’t care. I’m all sucked out.

I haven’t bathed in it as much as I could’ve. I avoided all those Stephanie Meyer books and films and I haven‘t watched any of the Vampire Diaries/Travelogues/Cooking Shows aimed at the teeny market. But I did do a pretty solid stint with Anne Rice, from when she appeared, right up to Numbnuts The Devil or whatever the hell that piece of crap book was called. Then I did Buffy (well, you know what I mean). I did Angel. I did two seasons of True Blood and that, I’m afraid, is it. I need a transfusion.

I think I’m going to look back at this period with much the same feeling that I currently look back at a half-hour sitcom featuring an astronaut whose got a blond, desert-djinn in a bottle. Holy crap! Did we call that entertainment?

For the record. Emergency Contact will not talk to me, now that I'm over vampires. She's disgusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment