08 February 2011

Both Kinds of Music

Country and Western - the worst music in the world. Unyet... there are some C&W songs rattling around in me just dyin' to get out. Here's a little number I wrote about online dating.

Not burdened by education
Not sporting my own hair
Free from the ravages of intelligence
And lacking any flair

Chorus:
I aint got much to offer
But I offer it a lot
I aint got much to give
But I’ll give it all I got

I’ve got hidden shallows
But my ugly is bone deep
I can clear a room in seconds
Or put them all to sleep
I’m better in small doses
I like to make them beg for less
In little dribs and drabs they say
And it’s not just the way I dress

Chorus:

They say I’m a room divider
And that’s good to store some books
But they weren’t talkin’ about furniture
But more about my looks
Not overstocked in talent
Not understocked in weight
I could try harder at everything
But it’s easier to blame fate

Chorus:

The singles market is murder baby
I’m what you call a sleeper
But don’t be too put out because
My mum says I’m a keeper
So stop your complaining and whining
And start to appreciate your lot
‘Cause whether it’s cat ladies or hobos
I’m worse than what you got

1 comment: