10 June 2012

Dwarf Star



Recently, Emergency Contact and I were sitting in a boardroom with four other seasoned professionals, and all of a sudden, I met my son.


He swept into the room like Darth Vader and the world sort of stopped for me. Well, like a small Darth Vader being carried by his current minion, but he had a retinue and he definitely swept in, carrying all before him. True to form, the boardroom went silent. He was polite enough not to choke anyone with his mind, but my throat did go a little tight when I held him, and EC burst into tears, so there was obviously some mind trick going on.

Little Vader moves his base of operations to our place on the 18th of this month. I'm expecting that there will be tours by lesser minions to see if it suits his purposes. He will want to know that the troops don't need new ways to be motivated and that everything will be finished on time. EC and I have been working feverishly to get the base finished. It's no moon, I can't promise him that, but we do have a good feeling about it.