17 August 2009

Jung At Heart


I had a dream that whenever I heard an uncommon word spoken in conversation, I was instantly transported back in time to when that word was first used.

It sounds like a relatively good idea for a short story, but true to form, my psyche teased me and didn’t supply an interesting twist.

Rather than appearing at great historical events to witness the fall of kings, the inspiration behind revolutionary ideas or the coining of great phrases, I kept on appearing in muddy fields during the dark-ages to see a couple of short people dressed in hessian sacks, saying, “Flargle blurgle the quotidian mith tramble.”

In the long run, that’s not much better than having involved and detailed dreams about doing housework. Something my psyche has also seen fit to treat me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment