03 August 2009

On Air And Out Of Your Mind II: This Time It's Moronic


Since my blob on Kyle Sandilands not knowing where his dump was, it has been revealed that it was wilful stupidity, rather than his normal kind. He doesn't like to use a delay - he feels it's better radio without.


From Channel 9 News Site, on the subject of 7 second delay: A 2DayFM staffer said Sandilands believed "pure" live radio was "better entertainment" - an approach which has long made his colleagues nervous.

I suspect it's more likely that people explained to him how it worked, over and over again, and he kept on getting confused and scared and didn't want to be sent seven seconds into the past when he hit the big, red button.

Whatever, it illustrates his thinking on the subject nicely.

I, Kyle Sandilands, will go without the industry standard safety net because what I do is so important, you must not mess with the purity of the truth. We are truth telling mavericks at this Top 40 pop-music FM station, man! It’s all about me anyway, so I’m the only one taking the risk.

Not:

I, Kyle Sandilands, even though I'm lightning-quick and razor-sharp and really, really gorgeous, may one day need to use that dump button to protect an innocent third party. Even from my own, fabulous self.

We know that Kyle is pretty fond of his own opinion, so if there’s one bit of wisdom he can take from his own words, it is that it is “entertainment”. You don’t burn teenage rape victims for the sake of entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment