25 March 2010

Sure, Tease The Wookie. Hard To Pick Up Your Knight With No Arms


I am doomed to be a curiosity to the diminutive races. They treat me as a semi-intelligent piece of industrial machinery. I don’t actually mind. I kind of think that my natural abilities tend toward ‘beast-of-burden’. As they say, not real smart, but he can pick up heavy things.

In Hong Kong, an argument broke out between my colleagues as to whether I looked more like, and I quote, “Buss Lightyear or Mr Incledible.”

In China, they said that they would have to limit the number of people in my hot-air-balloon basket because I was worth two people. The nickname One Per Basket (later shortened to One Basket) was born.

Today, I was going to lunch with Vietnamese colleagues, and one of the onlookers in the office laughed and said, “Look, the ants have made friends with the elephant.” (I just smiled and Ganeshed my teeth.)

I told them that I used to own a Mini. That showed ‘em. Nothing sorts out those pesky Vietnamese like making oblique references to elephant jokes from the 70s. (And no, I wasn’t wearing ripple soled shoes.)


No comments:

Post a Comment