09 September 2008

I Really Struggled With This One - I Pre-Apologise



Pretend you know and like me. 

Pretend that you and I are in a pleasant cafe or pub, just shooting the breeze. 

Pretend that I say to you, "On the way here, I heard the most awful story I have ever heard, but after I got over the initial revulsion, I was left wondering."

Pretend you are intrigued and you can see that I am not being flippant. I want to give the story the full weight of my of my moral outrage and disgust, but I am puzzled and I don't know how to deal with it. It seems so goulish.

I then ask you to estimate the internal size of the largest microwave you have ever seen in the domestic Australian market...

Someone was sentenced to life in prison in the States this week, for microwaving to death her one month old child. The trigger was an argument with her boyfriend.

I am not joking. This is one of the most appalling things I have ever heard. But I cannot get over the stumbling block of - how the hell did she get the poor child in there!?

Go look at your microwave, it just doesn't compute.


No comments:

Post a Comment