24 September 2008

Schpelling


So, let's have a civilised little chat where I open up a little and you learn something about me. You may have noticed that I spelled pigeon incorrectly in the little cartoon I did below. I'd like to pretend that it was intentional and that I was making some very droll comment on English.

Nah.

At best I can apologise and say that it is to my unending shame and embarrassment that I cannot spell. I also feel this is particularly unfair. I read, I like the language I live in, and I really do try to improve (This blog is part of the exercise). To no avail. It just doesn't get any better and I've been working on it for quite some time now.

To anyone who cares about this sort of thing - I'm also a left hander. There seems to be a higher incidence of this sort of thing in south-paws. We also occupy disproportionately large lumps at the bottom and the top of the intelligence bell-curve. Guess where I sit.

Anyhow, this is an open letter of apology that I would like to be ongoing to the language picky and pedantic. I feel your pain, I really do. Know that, when I blunder, I do care. I get people with better skills than I have to correct me where possible. I'd like to thank you, the reader, for not bombarding me with corrections and rude notes. I admire your restraint.

Now back to the yarn spinning. It was intentional that the hospital in the cartoon has two slightly different names. I want there to be the
possibility that the roving reporter has gone to the wrong place. 

How about you? Got to a ripe old age and still unable to complete some of life's more ordinary tasks?

Thanks.
Nick.


1 comment:

  1. pun,ctu:ati'on 'snot a -stronG point 4 mwah?

    ReplyDelete