26 September 2008

Nap Sacked



“Two commercial airline pilots who fell asleep in the cockpit and overshot their landing by 15 miles have been cleared to return to work.”


This comforting little gem comes to us from the Beebs. Article link.

Captain Sleepy and First Officer Snoozy were suspended for 60 and 45 days respectively.

How much of a punishment is that? Two guys who are so bored and disenchanted with their jobs that they can sleep through the really important bit (coming down), are sent home and told not to do their job.


Up there with being suspended from school. A punishment I have never understood.

You have been mucking up. You are misbehaving because you really don’t care about school that much. As punishment, I want you to stay home and play Nintendo.

I’m still working out what it is I have to do to get that kind of treatment at my place of employment. I’m not saying I get sent there often, but I do have my own chair with a brass name plate on it in HR – this apparently is not enough.

1 comment: